/ 1 of 1
Does your luggage need an upgrade? Menswear editor and founder of thestyleking.com, Gary Kingsnorth selects the best holdalls for stylish globetrotters
1. Sturdy and stylish, the Rolling Thunder bag has a 32-litre capacity, with reinforced in-line skate wheels, a retractable handle and it meets British Airways' carry on standards.
Small Rolling Thunder bag in black, £139, North Face.
2. We may have lost the football, but this stylish Union Jack duffal bag gives a whole new reason to be patriotic. A lovely chunky bag with contrasting white handles and zipped compartments, that will be easy to spot on the carousel. And the durable oiled cotton is designed to withstand the rigour of travel.
Union Jack holdall, £140, Hackett.
3. Renowned for his very British sense of humour, Paul Smith's mini printed holdall is no exception. Each season's luggage collection includes this now iconic bag showing the classic mini in a different situation. It's been parked outside a lighthouse, been racing on the Tour de France and now? Well, it's dangling from a crane. The bag's finished off with smooth chocolate brown leather handles, a plush purple canvas interior and a luggage tag in the signature Paul Smith stripe.
Mini printed holdall, £300, Paul Smith (paulsmith.co.uk)
4. Easy-going globetrotters will love this slouchy, gunmetal holdall. It's effortlessly chic and fits BA's criteria for carry-on luggage. It's stylish, strong and built to last a lifetime. And when you're not flying off, it will double as one of the coolest gym bags around.
Lyon in gunmetal, £650, Mulberry (mulberry.com)
5. The award-winning London-based Chris & Tibor have come up with one my favourite bags. It's plenty big enough for a weekend trip, made in durable cotton canvas with leather straps and two functional internal pockets and a zip pocket to keep wallets and mobile phones accessible and safe.
London Wall holdall, £270, Chris & Tibor (christibor.com)
6. This jaunty lightweight, canvas bag by Italian casual brand Franklin Marshall is perfect for the summer. The block red contrasts with bold yellow straps and is eye-catching and fun. Perhaps not one if you don't like logos.
Bright barrel holdall, Franklin Marshall, £100 (asos.com)
7. Dunhill have been travel connoisseurs since the1900's and that heritage is the inspiration behind their modern luggage collection. The Chassis small holdall is a classic style, updated with Dunhill's patented carbon fibre leather. This makes it scratch resistance, water resistant and likely to be around for a very long time.
Chassis small holdall, £695, Dunhill (dunhill.com)
8. This slick, canvas-woven nylon duffle bag means business. It's chunky enough to be eminently masculine, without losing out in the style stakes. It comes with silver hardware, supple leather striping and accents and leather luggage tag. And it has two great end pockets for keeping your Blackberry and passport handy. Sleek, stylish and chic.
Monza Carrera bag, £1,495, Ralph Lauren (020 7535 4600)
Gary Kingsnorth is a former men's magazine fashion editor and the founder of thestyleking.com