Collecting Avios has never been easier
As we start to think about returning to travel, there’s plenty on the to-do list. But one thing you don’t have to think about is how to earn Avios to fuel your next trip. A new partnership between British Airways and Barclays means that Barclays Premier Banking1 customers can collect Avios effortlessly, every single month. It’s the only UK current account that collects Avios for you, and it’s as simple as…
Barclays Premier Banking1 customers can sign up to Barclays Avios Rewards2 to collect even more Avios, for just £12 a month. If you’re new to Barclays and switch in using the Current Account Switch Service in your first three months of joining Barclays Avios Rewards2, you’ll receive a welcome bonus of 25,000 Avios3 – enough for a peak return flight to Barcelona4. Existing Barclays customer? You’ll still get a bonus of 2,500 Avios. Eligibility, fees and conditions apply.2
Every single month you’ll collect 1,500 Avios, deposited directly into your British Airways Executive Club account just for being a Barclays Premier customer – simply join Barclays Avios Rewards, and away you go. This means every year you could grab a peak return Euro Traveller Reward Flight to spots such as Milan, Nice, Bordeaux and Copenhagen (18,000 Avios + £9)4. You can collect even more Avios by holding new and existing Barclays products.
Enjoying the rewards
By signing up to Barclays Avios Rewards, you’ll not only collect Avios to put towards your next flight, hotel or car hire (plus lots more), you’ll also receive an annual Cabin Upgrade Voucher5 to use on an Avios Reward Flight booking. Wherever you choose to fly, you could enjoy an indulgent in-flight experience in British Airways’ World Traveller Plus or Club World cabins.
Sit back and relax
The easiest way to collect Avios is by signing up to Barclays Avios Rewards. Spend a night relaxing at home while your account does the hard work collecting for you. Because, once you’ve signed up to Barclays Avios Rewards, you start earning Avios towards an Avios Reward Flight. Kick back and collect effortlessly – as new Barclays customers could collect a total of up to 43,000 Avios in their first year.3 That’s enough for you to hit Miami’s bougiest boardwalks using 35,000 Avios + £756 or explore the Harajuku fashion scene in Tokyo with 40,000 Avios + £1007 – both peak, long-haul Reward Flights that will make your bucket list that bit lighter. What’s more, from 28 July, British Airways is doubling the number of guaranteed reward seats on every flight, including, for the first time, additional reward seats guaranteed in World Traveller Plus on long-haul flights. Holidays, here we come…
1. Barclays Premier Banking customers need to have an annual gross income of £75,000-plus, or a minimum of £100,000 in savings or investments with Barclays. Barclays will review your eligibility for Premier Banking regularly. If your circumstances change and you no longer meet the Premier eligibility criteria, Barclays will switch your account to the Barclays Bank Account in their Personal Banking service.
2. Barclays Avios Rewards is only available to Premier Banking customers or customers who have a personal Wealth current account with us. To switch on Barclays Avios Rewards, you’ll need to have a valid British Airways Executive Club membership account and will be required to link your nominated account to your British Airways Executive Club account. You will need to agree to go paperless for all accounts and services you have with Barclays. You will also have to close your Barclays Blue Rewards. If you have a Blue Rewards Saver Account, this can remain open. You will need to be registered for the Barclays app. Barclays Avios Rewards Terms and Conditions apply, please visit barclays.co.uk/premier-banking/barclays-avios-rewards for more information.
3. To qualify for the 25,000 Avios joining bonus, you’ll need to join Barclays Avios Rewards – within four months of opening your first Barclays current account. Then, you’ll need to complete a full switch of your old current account to us, using the Current Account Switch Service – within three months of joining Barclays Avios Rewards. You will then receive your joining bonus in the fourth month of Barclays Avios Rewards membership.
4. Reward Flight Saver fares quoted are subject to availability. Terms plus up to £9 for your taxes, fees and carrier charges per person apply. Other pricing options are available. Visit ba.com to learn how to use your Avios and for more information about Reward Flight Saver. All tangible examples accurate as of June 2021.
5. There are additional terms and conditions for these vouchers- please visit the British Airways website for more information. Cabin upgrade voucher terms apply. Reward flights and cabin upgrades are subject to availability. Taxes, fees and carrier charges per person apply.
6. Reward Flight Saver fare quoted is subject to availability. Terms plus £75 for your taxes, fees and carrier charges per person apply. Other pricing options are available. Visit ba.com to learn how to use your Avios and for more information about Reward Flight Saver. All tangible examples accurate as of June 2021.
7. Reward Flight Saver fare quoted is subject to availability. Terms plus £100 for your taxes, fees and carrier charges per person apply. Other pricing options are available. Visit ba.com to learn how to use your Avios and for more information about Reward Flight Saver. All tangible examples accurate as of June 2021.
Take your travel to the next level with American Express
Find out how its Accelerating Business Card can take you further, faster
The all-year island
Why Madeira’s climate and natural charms make it a great getaway, whatever the time of year
The British products to pack on your travels
Ten suitcase essentials from some best of British brands
More from Shopping