By using the website www.bahighlife.com and other online services, such as our mobile app, you agree that we can store and access cookies, IP addresses and use other methods in order to collect website usage data, and improve your online experience.
This can include information about your use of the website, the browser and device type you are accessing it from and where you are in the world (see 'How do we collect and use geo-location information?').
What are ‘cookies’?
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit or certain emails you open. They are widely used in order to make websites function properly, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site.
- Our cookies will remember your previous content articles you have previously viewed to enable the website to display related and relevant content.
Cookies are used for technical reasons to enable the efficient working of bahighlife.com . For example, to:
- balance website traffic to ensure our customers receive a consistent and reliable service
- limit traffic to key parts of the website in order to maintain performance levels
Ease of use
Cookies are used to enhance the ease of use of bahighlife.com for customers. For example, to:
- remember your language and country of choice and presenting relevant content
- keep track of customers’ Executive Club number when you have logged in
- remember your selected departure airport when booking a flight
Cookies are used to gather statistics on how visitors use our site. For example, to:
- gather feedback on customer satisfaction through our website survey
- gain insight into how visitors use the website so that we can make improvements to its usability
Cookies are used to enable us to present appropriate messages to you. For example, to:
- allow bahighlife.com to serve up different versions of a page for marketing purposes
- control invitations on bahighlife.com for instant credit card offers
- allow third parties to display appropriate advertising and to track its effectiveness
- display messages which offer a selection of products based on what you're viewing on bahighlife.com , which are presented to you by our agency when you visit other selected websites. This is known as online behavioural advertising. For more information please see What is online behavioural advertising?
You can choose to opt out of this type of advertising permanently by going to http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices
Please note though, that if you delete your cookies too, we'll no longer know that you've opted out, so the banners from our third-party will reappear when you visit other selected websites.
For more details on the cookies that operate on bahighlife.com please go to More information about cookies used on bahighlife.com .
You may refuse to accept cookies by altering the settings on your internet browser (for example Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox). Please note that if you choose not to permit cookies some areas of our website may not function properly or be accessible.
Please note though, that if you delete your cookies:
- We will no longer know that you've opted out of online behavioural advertising, so the banners from our third-party advertisers will reappear when you visit other selected websites.
What is online behavioural advertising/ interest based advertising?
Online behavioural advertising (also known as interest-based advertising) is a way of serving advertisements on the websites you visit and making them more relevant to you and your interests.
Shared interests are grouped together based upon previous web browsing activity and web users are then served advertising which matches their shared interests. In this way, advertising can be made as relevant and useful as possible. Relevant ads can also be delivered based upon the website content you have just been viewing. This is known as ‘retargeting’.
For more information refer to http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
How do I opt out of online behavioural advertising?
There are a number of sites which can help you opt out of online behavioural advertising from the third party advertising agencies that operate online behavioural advertising for website publishers.
Please note that opting out of online behavioural advertising using those services:
- does not mean that the advertising of British Airways’ products and services on our own websites will stop being personalised to your interests
- may not stop all online behavioural advertising because it only applies to those third party advertising agencies that have signed up to those services
- does not mean that there will no more advertising on this website or other websites you access. However, the advertising that you do see is likely to be less relevant to your interests
In addition, deleting browser cookies can remove your opt out preferences, so you may need to opt out again.
More information about cookies used on bahighlife.com
The table below details the most frequently used cookies on bahighlife.com and explains their use.
Cookies used on bahighlife.com
Used to display relevant advertising.
Used to collect information about how visitors use bahighlife.com. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Used to understand the content which you have engaged with to enable our third party to deliver targeted advertising outside of bahighlife.com
Drops a cookie used to collect information and report website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google.