Dream trips to Walt Disney World Resort, made possible with Avios
Have you promised the kids magical moments with some of their Disney friends this year? Offset your next Walt Disney World getaway with our step-by-step guide to collecting Avios through the British Airways Executive Club, leaving you with more cash to spend while you’re there
If you’ve had 365 days of Frozen on loop and the kids are begging for a trip to Walt Disney World Resort, get there for less with our handy guide to collecting Avios through British Airways Executive Club partners, whether that’s from purchases via the British Airways shopping portal or through hotel stays booked with British Airways Holidays.
The destination: Walt Disney World Resort
Celebrating its 100-year anniversary from this October, The Walt Disney Company has grown from its humble beginnings as an animation studio into one of the biggest global entertainment companies on the planet.
The largest and most iconic of the company’s Parks & Resorts is Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. The resort includes four magical theme parks, two water parks and 31 Disney-themed resorts spanning more than 27,000 acres, making it almost double the size of Manhattan! It’s easy to see why it usually tops the family holiday bucket list.
A visit to Walt Disney World Resort is a chance to escape into fantasy and adventure, and collecting Avios can help you get closer to this magical holiday.
The Avios: how many do you need?
There are options available to you to reduce the cost of your Walt Disney World Resort adventure. A flight to Orlando requires 60,000 Avios + £150 when booking a Reward Flight Saver for an off-peak return, travelling in World Traveller.1 Alternatively, if you want the full package of flight, hotel, car hire and Disney Park Tickets, then you can part pay with Avios on a holiday with British Airways Holidays.2 A top tip for families saving up for Walt Disney World Resort? Sign up the little ones for their own Executive Club Membership. They will collect Avios for flights, which can be pooled in a Household Account.
Step one: crunch the numbers on credit cards
Collect Avios on your everyday shopping. The British Airways American Express® Credit Card offers a lucrative 25,000 bonus Avios when Cardmembers spend £3,000 in their first three months of Cardmembership.3 The Card also rewards every eligible £1 spent with 1.5 Avios – and 3 Avios for £1 spent on a holiday with British Airways Holidays and flights4 (Representative 111.7% APR variable. Annual fee applies). Alternatively, the fee-free British Airways American Express Credit Card gives 1 Avios for every £1 spent on purchases,5 plus a 5,000 Avios welcome bonus for those who spend £1,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership6 (Representative 30.0% APR variable).
Step two: boost your balance, even when you’re not on the move
Next time you’re making purchases online, shop through British Airways to collect Avios. There are more than 1,500 online retailers to choose from, including Apple, John Lewis & Partners, Selfridges and Marks and Spencer.7 Better yet, you’ll find many of the Disney brands here: Shop Disney, Disneyland® Paris and The Walt Disney Travel Company. You can even collect Avios on a subscription to Disney+. Other options include The Wine Flyer – the Avios-first wine retailer that uncorks Avios as you spend.
And if you’re looking to get even more value from your shopping, join Nectar today and start collecting points. There are more than 350 brands you can bag them with, including Sainsbury’s, Argos and eBay. Once you’ve built up your balance, swap 400 Nectar points for 250 Avios.8
Step three: supercharge your points out on the road
Fast-track your holiday thanks to our travel partner, Uber, which will give you 1 Avios for every £1 you spend on that journey to the airport, trip across the city or rain-saving commute.9 For those filling up at a bp service station, why not put your collecting into sixth gear with BPme Rewards points? You’ll earn points for fuelling up, buying snacks and more: conversion rates are 40 BPme Rewards = 25 Avios.10
Step four: check in and collect
Step five: turbo-boost your balance
Collect Avios by booking flights – but that doesn’t just mean with British Airways. There are multiple partner airlines under the oneworld® alliance: from Aer Lingus and Iberia, to American Airlines and Sri Lankan Airlines, which means that whenever and wherever you fly you could collect Avios.11
©2023 Disney. All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions
Reward Flight Savers
1. Reward Flight Savers are British Airways’ best value reward flights. Reward Flight Saver offers customers great value flights with a low, flat fee to cover taxes, fees and carrier charges and a fixed Avios amount. To be eligible for Reward Flight Saver, you need to have collected at least one Avios in the past 12 months. To find out more about Reward Flight Saver, click here. Reward flights are subject to availability.
2. Members can use their Avios to pay for part of the total price of selected holidays (Flight + Hotel or Flight + Car) when making a non-redemption booking on ba.com for travel on British Airways operated and selected British Airways codeshare partner operated flights. Bookings made with this payment option will be subject to the standard fare rules associated with the holiday purchased. Avios can be used to pay for bookings made on ba.com or by calling a British Airways Contact Centre. The entire booking must be eligible for Avios part payment for it to be applied to the booking. Standard British Airways Holidays terms and conditions apply.
British Airways American Express® Premium Plus Card
3. 25,000 bonus Avios will be awarded onto your Account once you have been approved and you have spent a minimum of £3,000 on eligible goods and services to the Account within three months of Account opening. Subject to terms. 18+ UK residents only, subject to approval, new Cardmembers only. Annual fee applies. Terms apply.
4. You will be awarded 1.5 Avios for every £1 spent on purchases and charged per transaction, and 3 Avios for every £1 you spend direct on British Airways flights and holidays. Avios are not earned on Balance Transfers, Cash Withdrawals, American Express Travellers Cheques purchases, Foreign Exchange, interest, any spending in excess of your credit limit, charges for returned payments, late payment or referral charges and American Express Credit Card finance charges. Written details available on request.
British Airways American Express® Credit Card
5. You will be awarded 1 Avios for every £1 spent and charged per transaction. Avios are not earned on Balance Transfers, Cash Withdrawals, American Express Travellers Cheques purchases, Foreign Exchange, interest, any spending in excess of your credit limit, charges for returned payments, late payment or referral charges and American Express Credit Card finance charges. Written details available on request.
6. 5,000 bonus Avios will be awarded onto your Account once you have been approved and you have spent a minimum of £1,000 on eligible goods and services to the Account within three months of Account opening. Subject to terms. 18+ UK residents only, subject to approval, new Cardmembers only. Terms apply.
Shopping through British Airways
7. See Terms and Conditions at shopping.ba.com.
8. Full Nectar terms and conditions can be found here.
9. Terms and conditions apply. For the details of this offer and Uber Ride product inclusions, please visit the full Terms and Conditions here.
10. Full BPme Rewards Terms and Conditions can be found here.
11. Avios can only be earned for travel on eligible Sectors in eligible booking classes on either British Airways flights or on eligible flights of Airline Partners. Details of currently applicable eligible booking classes on British Airways and Airline Partners are set out on ba.com.